2016-17 Girls Travel Teams Information
Please check out our TRAVEL TEAM PAGE! All of our information for National & Regional teams, including tryout info, season schedule, team rosters, college commitments, etc. can be found there!
Developmental Program: Grades 4-8 2017 season will begin on January 8, 2017!
Please note: the Developmental Program sold out last year. Don't miss out - space is limited!
• This program consists of 6 practices and 2 tournaments and is for girls that are either not ready or not old enough for the State Program. We focus on fundamentals and learning.
• Tournament uniform shirts are provided.
• There are no tryouts. Players are taken on a 1st-come 1st-served basis and grouped by age and ability.
• Groups practice 6-8pm in Woodbridge or 6:30-8:30pm in Westport. Choose your own practice location!
2017 Season Schedule (subject to change)
Practices: Jan 8, 15, 29, Feb 26, Mar 12, 26
Tournaments: Feb 12 & Apr 2
Cost: $350 if paying at once, or payable in two installments of $185 (extended payment options also available)
State Program: Grades 7-12 2016-17 season begins on December 4, 2016!
• Our State Program consists of 9 practices and 4 local tournaments, all on Sundays.
• We offer a combination of local practices and tournaments played on Sundays. Team placement starts in December and the season ends in mid-March. To ensure a constant challenge for all athletes, players are placed on teams according to grade and ability. Teams are comprised of 9-11 players to maximize playing time.
• Our Nationally Certified coaches instruct and challenge their players on the latest techniques covering passing, setting, hitting, offensive and defensive strategies.
• Complete uniforms are provided.
• Choose your practice location! December practice times* will be:
In Newtown (at the Newtown Youth Academy), Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors 8:30-10:30am, Freshmen & younger 10:30am-12:30pm (times subject to change)
In Woodbridge (at the Connecticut Sports Center), Juniors & Seniors 9-11am, Sophomores 11:15am-1:15pm, Freshmen 1:30-3:30pm, 7th & 8th graders 3:45-5:45pm
In Westport (at Staples High School) ALL AGES run 6:30-8:30pm
Please note: Guilford is not available for the 2016-17 season. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please note that practice times may change in January. If there is a change, players will be informed of their practice time for January through March at the December 18th practice.
*December practice times subject to change
2016-2017 Season Schedule
Practices: Dec 4, 11, 18, Jan 8, 15, 29, Feb 12, 26, Mar 12
Tournaments: Jan 22, Feb 5, Mar 5, 19
Make-Up day: Mar 26
Cost: $545 if paying at once, or payable in two installments of $285 (extended payment options also available)
Hey Seniors! Signing up for the State Program this year? E-mail us for a special "thank you" for your years of playing with us!
Travel Programs: 14 & Under to 18 & Under Tryouts will begin on Sunday, November 20th! Please check out our Girl's Travel Teams page for more info!
• Travel teams are comprised of Connecticut’s most talented players! Individuals are required to tryout for age appropriate teams ranging from 14U-18U. Schedules vary for each age group. Please check out our Girl's Travel Team page for more info.
• We offer our players top coaching, a high level of play and excellent opportunities for exposure to college recruiters.
All players must pay a non-refundable $50 tryout fee when registering
All players must pay non-refundable $60 New England Regional Volleyball Association (NEVRA) fee directly to NERVA prior to tryouts (NERVA membership is required for tryouts with any club in the region)
Team cost varies, depending on the age group.
Please check out our Girl's Travel Team page for additional information
CT Juniors’ Travel Teams Results and Awards
14-Time New England Champions
In 2016 our U14 Regional team repeated as 15 Open New England Champions!
In 2015 our U14 Regional team WON with 15 Open New England Championships!
2014 CT Juniors 17 National - TOP 15 finish at the AAU Girls' National Championships! MLK Kickoff Classic Champions w/ perfect 9-0 record!
2013 CT Juniors 17 National - Division Champions at the AAU Girls' National Championships in Orlando, Florida!
2012 CT Juniors 17 National - participant in the AAU Girls' Junior National Championships in Orlando, Florida!
2011 CT Juniors 17 National - participant in the AAU Girls' Junior National Championships in Orlando, Florida!
2010 CT Juniors 18 National - participant in the AAU Girls' Junior National Championships in Orlando, Florida!
2009 CT Juniors 17 National - New England Bid Winner and participant in the USA Volleyball Junior National Championships, June 28 - July 1 in Miami, Florida!
2008 CT Juniors 16 National - East Coast Championships @ Pittsburgh 3rd place, Long Island Invitational 3rd place, Great Nor'easter @ Albany 1st place, MLK Classic @ Philadelphia 3rd place, and first 16U team ever from Connecticut to represent the New England region in the USA Junior National Volleyball Championships!!
2007 New England Region 18U and 16U Champions
2006 New England Region 18U Champions
2006 CT Juniors 17 National - 1st Place @ RI Blast Inv., Baystate Inv., and NE Power League #2 & #3
2005 New England Region 18U Champions
2005 Baystate Invitational 18-Club Finalists
2005 New England Region 17U Champions
2004 LIBA 17U Champions
2003 New England Region 17U Champions
2003 New England Region 18U Runner-up
2001 GEVA Region 18U Championship Finalists
2000 Top 5 finalist in 18 Open at Early Bird Extravaganza
1999 GEVA Region 18U Championship Finalists
1998 Top 5 finalist at East Coast Championships
1998 New England Region 18U Champions
1997 New England Region 18U Championship Runner-up
1996 New England Region 18U Champions
Brochure for the 2016-17 winter season is NOW AVAILABLE !
Medical Form for the State & Developmental Programs (please bring on the 1st day)
Online registration is now open!
Back to top
Our 2016 Spring Program for 7th-12th graders will run on Sundays, and will be offered at two different locations! The program offers a series of 5 clinics, each covering a different aspect of the game, with a 6th day of game play for 2016! The program is offered in both Woodbridge, at the Connecticut Sports Center, and Westport, at Staples High School. Girls who participated in our 2015-16 winter season get a discount on their registration, so come on down and learn some new tips and techniques! Dates are available below:
Dates for 2016:
April 24, May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 from 5-7:30pm
In Woodbridge: (SOLD OUT!)
May 15, 22, June 12, 19 from 10am-12:30pm
May 29 & June 5 from 6-8:30pm
Please note that this program has SOLD OUT each of the last 3 years!
The 2016 Spring Program flyer is now available !
Medical Form is now available (Please bring on first day of the program)
Online registration is now open for the 2016 Spring Program
Back to top